2% CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE WASHCLOTHS
Reduce BSI and SSI risk factors as a part of the patient bathing process with SAGE Products 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate w/v Impregnated Pads. Using this simple patient friendly cleaning intervention is designed to reduce healthcare-acquired infections (HAIs) and lower the risks of morbidity and mortality in the Acute healthcare environment.
Cleansing patients with a 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate saturated cloths is a simple, effective strategy to reduce contamination of patients’ skin, the environment and healthcare workers’ hands, and to decrease the patient acquisitions of harmful bugs!
Pre-moistened and ready to use straight from the packet. No additional supplies needed
- 2% CHG solution requires no rinsing and stays on the skin for maximum antimicrobial persistence
- Proven to rapidly reduce bacteria that can cause infection, including S. aureus, VRE, MRSA etc. Provides a cumulative antiseptic effect with multiple applications
- Easily enhances skin decolonisation efforts for a wide range of immunocompromised patients
- Helps reduce the risk of transmitting pathogens from colonised patients to staff, other patients, visitors, and surrounding environments
- Large, thick washcloths hold the maximum amount of CHG solution for consistent CHG coverage. Makes it easier to cleanse difficult to reach areas.
- Moisturises with Aloe and Gylcerin
Name of Product: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% w/v Impregnated Pad.
Dosage Form: Impregnated Pad
Indications:Skin Antisepsis as part of an advanced preoperative cleansing regimen and general skin antisepsis.
Supply Classifications: GSL
Date: September 2015
Warnings and Contra-Indications: For external use only. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Do not use on premature or low birth weight infants or infants less than 2 months of age or receiving phototherapy. Do not use on patients with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in the product. Do not use immediately prior to any invasive techniques, such as venepuncture, lumbar puncture or surgery. Do not use on open skin wounds or broken skin. When using this product, keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if chlorhexidine is permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with water right away. Do not use if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. Do not store above 25oC. Do not refrigerate or freeze. Store flat. Dispose of as solid waste. Do not flush pads in toilet. For posology, method of administration and side effects refer to SPC.