Cleanse, Fills, Absorbs, Moistens – All In One
PolyMem® dressings belong to an innovative class of multifunctional wound care dressings. PolyMem dressings effectively cleanse, fill, absorb and moisten wounds throughout the healing continuum. No other single wound dressing combines these key wound-healing capabilities like PolyMem. Built right into a PolyMem dressing, these four capabilities are ready when you need them — without incurring extra costs or needing additional supplies.
PolyMem contains a mild, nonionic, nontoxic, tissue-friendly cleansing agent, activated by moisture that is gradually released into the wound bed. Built-in cleansing capabilities reduce the need to cleanse wounds during dressing changes, so you can avoid disrupting the growth of healthy tissue, as the wound heals.
PolyMem gently expands to fill and conform to the wound. Glycerin (also known as glycerol), a moisturizer contained in the dressing, keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed and provides comfort at the wound site. Glycerin also reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues and supports autolytic debridement.
PolyMem wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate. The absorption capability activates only if the material detects exudate. PolyMem adjusts to the wound type to provide the dressing function needed.
PolyMem keeps the wound bed moist and soothes traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain and providing comfort at the wound site. The moisturizer also keeps the dressing pad from adhering to the wound so it removes with virtually no pain, improving the caregiver-patient interaction and overall care experience.
- PolyMem has been successfully used in the healthcare setting for many years. No other single wound dressing combines four key wound healing capabilities in one easy-to-use dressing like PolyMem.
- PolyMem Provides Continuous Wound Bed Cleansing
- PolyMem Encourages Wound Comfort and Health
- PolyMem Offers Impressive Wound Wicking Power
- PolyMem Provides Both a Liquid Barrier and Gas Exchange
- Cost effective; Everything you need in one easy-to-use dressing
- Creates an optimal moist wound healing environment